Character Update 01 – Planning

When we first started out the character updating procress, we have to keep in mind the retro style we planned to aim for. Originally the character was going to consist of a 128×128 canvas before we ended up running into problems.

Inkby WIP sprite

  • The time it would take to animate the entirety of the character’s intended frames would be rediculously long for the quality we were aiming for.
  • It would not match the scene in terms of the intended detail noticable.
  • Alot of detail would go unnoticed when scaled appropriately to match with the game.

With these problems in mind, we’ve then decided to half his resolution to a 64×64 canvas.

Inkby WIP sprite2

The next process now that the character has been designed for development with the agreed size and look, we will now move on to animation.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s