After having proven the possibility of running any sort of code on an Android device, I then decided to determine the capabilities of Game Maker: Studio on Android devices, by experiencing first-hand the sort of complexity that could be afforded, and whether there were any limitations.
I did this through attempting a stress test using a personal project of mine, to see the level of detail and amount of content that could run on lower powered smart phones when compared to pc development of which I am previously used to. This project uses a large amount of objects on screen at any one time, and updates at 60 frames per second, although has a relatively low resolution. While not a perfect test case, it still proved useful for the purposes of stress testing.
After implementing some virtual keys to correspond with keyboard presses, I found the phone I was using to be sufficiently capable at running my game, indicating the level of performance that could be expected in running a game maker studio game on Android devices. From this, I could determine no serious issues with having a reasonable amount of game complexity, however, I will still keep optimisation be efficiency in mind while programming to ensure maximum compatibility across devices of different specifications and to get the most out of the resources available.
Also of note, is that I found while technically capable of playing the game, it was also extremely difficult to control, due to it being relatively complex in terms of its control scheme and reaction times. This is due to the game being designed with the PC platform and keyboard controls in mind, reinforcing the need for smart phone based games to focus on simplified core mechanics, and to feature more basic and streamlined input methods such as direct interaction and gestures rather than the more tactile inputs of more traditional games.